Brampton - We hope everyone had a safe Christmas break and look forward
to seeing everyone back at school on Monday January 6, 2014. As you know, our
school communities experienced a significant ice storm over the winter break.
Our custodial and maintenance staff continue to work with plant services
contractors to remove ice and snow, broken tree branches and other debris from
our sites, however it is difficult work that will extend into next week.
For everyone’s safety please note the following:
- Please walk carefully when on school/board property; do not
- Please ensure students dress appropriately for the
conditions. We ask all visitors to wear proper footwear for the conditions,
including boots/shoes with non-slip soles.
- Although efforts have been undertaken to clear sidewalks,
paths, patches, parking lots and paved play areas, in some cases these efforts
were less than successful due to the ongoing freezing temperatures combined
with the base of ice resulting from the ice storm. These situations will
continue to be addressed.
- Our parking lots do have ice buildup. Please exercise
caution when leaving your vehicles. As always, please drive safely.
- Every effort is being made to remove all downed trees/limbs
and hanging branches at our sites. To this end, there might still be some
branches at our sites awaiting removal next week. Please be aware of this when
on our property.
- As this situation will change daily, please note when we use
pylons to indicate unsafe areas to avoid.
- Also, the City of Brampton and the City of Mississauga have
asked residents to avoid City parks due to icy conditions, downed trees and
Please let us know if you see any concerns while on our
I thank our custodial and maintenance staff for their hard
work in preparing our sites for next week under some very challenging
Thank you for your support in ensuring our schools are safe