Brampton - Investigators with the Peel Regional Police Street Crime Gang Unit, with the assistance from 21 Division officers, located a Basque .22 calibre semi-automatic pistol, along with ammunition.
On Tuesday, September 11, 2012, in the evening hours, police officers executed a search warrant at a basement apartment located on Peachleaf Crescent in Brampton. Kemando WELCOME
, 23 years-old, and Teshwana VAN HORNE
, 21 years-old, were arrested. Both parties have been charged with numerous firearms related charges, including the following:
· Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm;
· Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm;
· Tampering with Serial Number of Firearm;
· Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm;
· Careless Use or Storage of Firearm;
· Careless Use or Storage on Ammunition;
· Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose; and WELCOME
and VAN HORNE
were both held for special bail hearings and appeared in a Brampton Ontario Court of Justice to answer to the charge on September 12, 2012.
For a picture of the firearm seized, please visit our website.
Anyone with information related to illegal firearms can contact the Street Crime Gang Unit at (905) 453-2121, ext. 7704
. Individuals can also anonymously
leave information, or tips, by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or through their website, www.peelcrimestoppers.ca