Region of Peel
The Region of Peel delivers a wide range of programs and services to more than one million citizens every day. This includes ambulance services, public health, long-term care, child care, waste collection, recycling and disposal, water and wastewater services, Regional road construction and maintenance, social assistance and affordable rental housing. Regional Headquarters are located at 10 Peel Centre Dr., Brampton, ON. Phone Number: 905-791-7800.
For frequent updates, visit Region of Peel
for more information.
View all articles by Region of Peel
Brampton – Halloween is a really fun night for children, parents and paramedics that take part in the annual Peel Regional Paramedic Services (PRPS) glow stick safety blitz.
"Peel Regional Paramedic Services wants to put as much safety into Halloween as there is fun and candy," says Brad Bowie, Community Relations Specialist for PRPS.
On Halloween paramedic crews will be driving throughout Peel neighbourhoods andreminding trick-or-treaters to be safe while out collecting treats.
PRPS was the first paramedic service to initiate a Halloween Safety Program and distribute glow sticks. Other services have since followed suit developing similar programs based on Peel's success.
Here are some safety tips to help prepare for Halloween:
- Ensure costumes are loose enough to be worn over warm clothing, but not so baggy or long that trick-or-treaters can trip on their costumes.
- Choose brightly-coloured costumes that are clearly visible to motorists. For greater visibility, add reflective tape to costumes.
- Makeup and face paint are safer than masks; if using a mask, choose one that allows your child to see and breathe easily.
- Examine the goodies collected by your trick-or-treaters before he or she eats any.
- Ensure your child knows not to take shortcuts through backyards, alleys or parks.
Peel Paramedics respond to more than 84,000 emergency medical calls every year. For more information about Peel Regional Paramedic Services, visit peelems.ca or call 905-791-7800, ext. 3956.
The Regional Municipality of Peel was incorporated in 1974 on the principle that certain community and infrastructure services are most cost-effectively administered over a larger geographic area. The Region of Peel serves more than one million residents in the cities of Brampton and Mississauga and the town of Caledon.
For more information on the Region of Peel, please call 905-791-7800, or visit website at peelregion.ca.