- MS Society of CanadaDescription
- The mission of the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada is: To be a leader in finding a cure for Multiple Sclerosis and enabling people affected by MS to enhance their quality of life. Title
- MS Walk Committee VolunteerJob Description
- The MS Walk is the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada's single largest fundraising event in Canada, focusing on inspiring and empowering walkers to take action in raising funds and joining the movement to end MS. We are looking for some dedicated individuals to assist with planning the walk.
The MS Walk Committee is typically made up of many different individuals with varied experiences. The committee is typically chaired by an experienced volunteer, who works with all committee members to ensure everyone is working together to reach common goals, and having the best experience possible. An MS Society staff person also sits on the committee to assist with planning and to act as a resource to you.
There are many differeny positions available, such as Team MS Coordinator
, Recruiment and Stewardship Coordinator
, Volunteer Coordinator
, Local Sponsorship Coordinator
, Logistics Coordinator
, Promotions Coordinator
, Entertainment Coordinator
, and many more! The entire committee works together to establish goals, time frames, and responsibilities to ensure everyone's needs and availabilities are kept in mind.
If you have a passion for volunteering, organizing fundraising events, and want to help us end MS, please contact Caley Bornbaum at email@example.com
or 1-800-268-7582 x3106 for more information.Skills
- A variety of skills are required depending on which position within the committee you are interested in filling.Skills to Learn
- Time Management
- Event Planning
- Volunteer Management
- Monthly meetings from (approx.) November to April.Location
- Caledon or OrangevilleContact Person
- Please feel free to contact Caley Bornbaum (Manager, Volunteer Resources) at 1-800-268-7582 ext.3106 or firstname.lastname@example.org
. How to Apply
- Please e-mail Caley for more information about the MS Walk Committee.