Region of Peel
The Region of Peel delivers a wide range of programs and services to more than one million citizens every day. This includes ambulance services, public health, long-term care, child care, waste collection, recycling and disposal, water and wastewater services, Regional road construction and maintenance, social assistance and affordable rental housing. Regional Headquarters are located at 10 Peel Centre Dr., Brampton, ON. Phone Number: 905-791-7800.
For frequent updates, visit Region of Peel
for more information.
View all articles by Region of Peel
Peel residents are encouraged to practise these basic measures:
· Cover your nose and mouth with your elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it. Wash your hands after that.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. If your hands are not visibly soiled, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
· Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
· Stay home from work or school and limit contact with others if you get sick.
· See your local health care provider or contact TeleHealth at 1-866-797-0000 if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, making sure you mention your travel history.
Peel Public Health:
· has implemented its urgent response plan
· is in daily contact with key health-care partners and agencies, and
· is providing direction on preventive measures to be taken.
The Region will continue to monitor the situation closely.