Advanced Search
More Features

Sign up for our newsletter:
To learn more Click Here
Site Sponsors
Article Options
Popular Articles
  1. Brampton Board of Trade CEO leaving
  2. Brampton Youth Forum a Success
  3. Brampton City Council Abandons the Fight to Protect Natural Areas
  4. Peel Board Students Tackle Tough Legal Issues at Annual Mock Trial Tournament
  5. Stay the Course Action Lacks Stimulus
No popular articles found.
 »  Home  »  Health & Wellness  »  Report Immunization Records to Peel Public Health
Report Immunization Records to Peel Public Health
By Region of Peel | Published  02/12/2009 | Health & Wellness | Unrated
Region of Peel
The Region of Peel delivers a wide range of programs and services to more than one million citizens every day. This includes ambulance services, public health, long-term care, child care, waste collection, recycling and disposal, water and wastewater services, Regional road construction and maintenance, social assistance and affordable rental housing. Regional Headquarters are located at 10 Peel Centre Dr., Brampton, ON. Phone Number: 905-791-7800. 

For frequent updates, visit Region of Peel for more information. 

View all articles by Region of Peel
Brampton - If there is an outbreak of mumps or measles in the community, is your teenage son or daughter protected or are they at risk? The best way to know this is to check their immunization records.

Peel Public Health wants to do the same. It is asking high school students and their parents who received a letter from Peel Public Health to provide immunization records to the health department as soon as possible.

"Students with incomplete immunization records could be suspended from school. It is important for us to have up-to-date records so that we know how many students in Peel are immunized in case of an outbreak of a vaccine-preventable disease in the community," says Dr. Eileen de Villa, Associate Medical Officer of Health.

There are many ways to report immunization records to Peel Public Health:

  • Use an online form
  • Fax record to 905-789-0597 or 905-458-9217
  • Call Peel Public Health at 905-799-7700, Caledon residents call toll free at 905-584-2216
  • Mail or hand deliver a copy of the record to:
    44 Peel Centre Dr., Ste. 102
    Brampton, ON  L6T 4B5

Physicians do not report the immunization records to the health department. Parents are responsible for updating their child's record to Peel Public Health each time their child is vaccinated. To attend school in Ontario, children should be fully immunized against diphtheria, tetanus, polio, measles, mumps, and rubella. 

For more information on immunization, call Peel Public Health, Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 905-799-7700. In Caledon, call toll free at 905-584-2216.

How would you rate the quality of this article?
1 2 3 4 5
Poor Excellent

Enter the security code shown below:

Add comment