Junior Achievement of Central Ontario
Description = Junior Achievement of Central Ontario is a non-profit organization that inspires and motivates students to become successful leaders of tomorrow and understand the economics of life.For over 55 years, we have brought together business leaders, educators, parents, and the community to help prepare youth for their future.Carefully trained, selected, and qualified volunteers from local businesses go to middle schools and high schools each day to act as role models, share their own business experiences with students, facilitate learning experiences, and to present dynamic and interactive programs to students all over Canada.
Title = Program Facilitator
Job Description =
• Attend one 2-3 hour training session to prepare for the program delivery
• Present JA program materials and content as outlined
• Work in conjunction with fellow volunteers (when applicable) and the host teacher to ensure a positive experience
• Provide practical insight to enhance the program
• Share personal experiences with students in a relevant and appropriate manner
• MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
• Good communication skills
• Organized and reliable
• Facilitation experience is desired, but not required
• Personable and outgoing
• Values education
• Enjoy working with adolescent learners
Skills to Learn = Develop leadership, presentation and facilitation skills
Time = One school day
Location = Brampton Area
Contact Person = Britney Binkowski
How to apply = Contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Britney Binkowski at email@example.com for further information regarding this exciting opportunity!